View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 10:38 PM   #14
ComparedToWhom

How Do You Identify?:
oh geez, a box... if I must, I"ll go with GeNdErQuEeR (100% all-natural, organic)
Preferred Pronoun?:
don't care as long as it's said respectfully
Relationship Status:
Rolling solo

Location: On the road/trail (see pic)... refuel in the Valley of the Sun (AZ)
ComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST ReputationComparedToWhom Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranzman View Post
I am interested in a discussion around self nurturing. So here are my questions. Please feel free to add pertinent questions that will add to the conversation.

1. Do you nurture yourself? If so, what are the ways you do so?

2. Do you rely on your partner/family/friends to nurture you?

3. Do you feel that you adequately learned how to nurture your self when you were growing up?

4. Do you feel any sort of discomfort about nurturing yourself?

5. Do you think that this whole self nurturing thing is just new age stuff and not even something worth talking about?
1. Abso-freaking-lutely! If I don't take care of myself then I pay the consequences. I play, er live, hard so I have to cover the basic trifecta of diet+exercise+sleep or I suffer the consequences. I would say the most nurturing aspect of my life is that I don't live out of obligation, fear, or guilt. I simply do what I do because that's the way I respectfully choose to define myself & my life. What that "definition" entails is varied and vast.

2. I don't *rely* on my relationships or by definition that would make my nurturing externally dependent (yikes!). I surround myself with healthy people, which in and of itself is nurturing.

3. Most definitely. Couldn't have asked for better self-nurturing role models/teachers growing up.

4. Absolutely not. If I don't take care of myself then I'm useless (or less effective, present, etc).

5. If you are not capable of taking care of yourself then you are dependent. With dependency comes all kinds of unwanted things like loss of power, loss of control, lack of choices, etc., etc. New age, old age, whatever age I believe as adults empowerment comes from independence, which on a fundamental level starts with YOU taking care of YOU.
ComparedToWhom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ComparedToWhom For This Useful Post: