Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Thanked 2,315 Times in 428 Posts
Boots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

1. Do you nurture yourself? If so, what are the ways you do so?
I do at home. I need to figure out how to do that at work.
My favorite is a trail run or walk. This grounds me and I come right back to center when I can smell the dirt and cedar, be in nature and work up a good sweat.
Another very important way I nurture myself is to be financially responsible. I pay myself first...no matter how small or minuscule , I make a deposit into my savings every payday..
And the stress of being late for appointments or obligations is crushing, so I make sure I'm punctual.
I think nurturing is about mitigating stress. It as much taking care of the physical as it is taking care of the spiritual self.

2. Do you rely on your partner/family/friends to nurture you?
No, not directly. I count on the people in my life to understand that I need this time to be centered or focused or punctual. And I love that they do understand!

3. Do you feel that you adequately learned how to nurture your self when you were growing up?
Hah! Nurturing in my house was unheard of! I learned as an adult, that to be healthy I had to create a healthy space, do healthy things and be in the today...deliberate choices and right mind living.

4. Do you feel any sort of discomfort about nurturing yourself?
Not at all. But its not fluffy stuff, which tends to leave me feeling bored. I'm not a bubble bather...give me dirt and sweat !

5. Do you think that this whole self nurturing thing is just new age stuff and not even something worth talking about?
Nope, not new agey stuff. Its a necessary component of living a healthy, centered life.
Boots13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boots13 For This Useful Post: