View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 12:20 PM   #26
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

C-SPAN for the great coverage of the Republicans National Convention!

Unlike the other channels, C-SPAN covered the convention, which I turned in to see and hear NOT a group of pundits pontificating on and on about what they thought we should see and hear! C-SPAN offered complete coverage of events happening on the floor, before and between speeches, the speeches themselves, and events taking place after the speeches, and all without commentary! Even PBS, which I normally love, had a round table interjecting their comments and critiques instead of showing coverage of the complete evenings events!

I also found it extremely annoying when the volumes of some of the guest speakers were faded to background noise while the pundit’s voices were in full tilt! Granted yes, some of the speakers were less than stellar BUT I turned in to hear them NOT pundit expounding and droning on and on! The constant yammering of these self absorbed “news broadcasters” and, I use the term lightly here, gave the impression they were more worthy of viewers attention than what was happening on the stage and floor of the convention!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote