View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 08:44 AM   #279
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
Hi Dapper,

I spent all yesterday evening and too much of last night sitting with those same thoughts, and they're on my list for both her and the doctor. I know part of her would like to be here...but I don't want to wipe her out getting her here and then find out she can't stay at home anyway.

My sister is gone....was on a flight at 6 a.m., after blowing up my mother's car (driving an old car like an idiot and blew the head gasket) and starting a huge fight among the circle of friends that has been caring for mom so well....and then dragging mom into it to resolve it. Insanity.

I need to have a long chat with the oncologist and the care coordinator, and then with mom. Rooster and I may be on a plane heading that way soon after all.

In happier news.....Congratulations Debby!!!

I'll bet that was a wonderful feeling....and a huge milestone reached. Bravo!
You can find so much more out in person, and , they can see a rational family member. I know this is tough to deal with, but there are some hills ahead.

Has she filled out a living will, Advance Directives effective in her state, and clear as to her wishes if she becomes too ill to make medical decisions. That is something I learned is vitally important when a friend of mine needed it in 24 hours, and did not have it done.

Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, . Don't know how long the drive would be, versus airfare X2, but it is an option.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post: