View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
Sweeet2th

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Sweeet2th Has the BEST ReputationSweeet2th Has the BEST ReputationSweeet2th Has the BEST ReputationSweeet2th Has the BEST ReputationSweeet2th Has the BEST ReputationSweeet2th Has the BEST ReputationSweeet2th Has the BEST ReputationSweeet2th Has the BEST ReputationSweeet2th Has the BEST ReputationSweeet2th Has the BEST ReputationSweeet2th Has the BEST Reputation
Default A completely new life!

The lifestyle changes I've made are almost too numerous to list!
About 2 years ago, I was living the total "foodie" life, which meant I was a fairly indiscriminate and adventurous eater. I was about 50 lbs overweight, and I started getting really strange symptoms that made me realize something wasn't quite right. I was under an extreme amount of stress at my job that severely exacerbated an auto-immune disorder (caused by diet) I didn't even know I had, and elevated my blood-pressure to an extremely worrisome level, even though I was exercising over an hour a day. I quit my job, and decided to make changes that would move me in a direction of health and wellness, and not one that was digging me an early grave.
After several failed attempts in doctors trying to diagnose me, (one just told me it was all in my head, but still gave me a prescription for steroids?!) So, I took my health and my future into my own hands. As a former scientist, I took it upon myself to do my due diligence and LOTS of reading to figure out what was wrong with me. I put myself on a plant-based whole food diet. I no longer eat anything I haven't prepared myself. No processed foods, no gluten, 100% GMO-free and organic produce. 99% of my diet is now vegetables, fruits, seeds, nuts and beans. And the response in my body has been nothing short of remarkable!
Now, instead of working myself to death in a biotech lab, I have plans to get involved in organic agriculture and winemaking and have plans to buy my own small farm/homestead somewhere on the West Coast, where I have lived on and off for about a decade.
I'm thrilled with the direction my life is heading now. I've never felt better!
Sweeet2th is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Sweeet2th For This Useful Post: