How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation
Default Oh yeah...

And thanks to the barrage of promos and teasers for the upcoming HBO movie Behind the Candelabra, I went looking for the book of the same name. The book is about Liberace's turbulent relationship with Scott Thorson, his lover and chauffeur (the movie is about the same, but with Michael Douglas as Liberace, and Matt Damon as Thorson. I admit I'm intrigued.)

The book won't come out until May, though I found an out-of-print copy on Amazon- I guess it's being reprinted, thanks to the HBO movie. It was originally published in 1988, a year after Liberace's death from AIDS, and marketed as a tell-all memoir by Thorson the Chauffeur himself. The puzzling part is that the book is labeled "an autobiographical novel." Whaaa? Wait, why isn't it nonfiction?? I might pass on the book now, but I'm still all atwitter over the movie's debut. Damn you, HBO.