Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Admittedly, I know nothing about spiritual healing, but if you are going to root out things from your past to heal, make sure you have support IRL and that this person knows how to handle flashbacks and your emotions. I hate to sound skeptical, but I fear that nearly anyone could call themselves a psychic. They are not trained in psychology or abuse issues, and I would be very careful going forward with her.

I can tell you from experience that having memories come up is a frightening, lonely experience. Doing this work can cause your world to cave in for a time. I'm not trying to discourage you-it's very freeing and a time of tremendous growth-but not to be taken lightly or with just anyone who hangs their sign out.

As for your question, if abuse turned women gay, there would be a whole lot more of us out there. I personally believe we're born gay. I don't believe you will "go back" to men and I would run from anyone who suggested that was any kind of goal. What I hope happens for you is that you will have relationships of all kinds on a much healthier level in time.