View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 04:02 PM   #9
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge-Smile View Post
but I think feminality called it when she asked how much money does this person want to charge you. It was the first thought that ran through my mind.

Do what you feel is right for you, but please proceed with a healthy skepticism!

Total agreement.

People in pain are easy targets. We give out a lot of signals and clues when we're in hurting bad, and the wrong person can easily use them to manipulate us.

I don't know how to verify a psychic's credibility (maybe someone else does).

A therapist or psychologist etc., you can make sure they're board certified, maybe check for malpractice, ask where they trained, what's they're philosophy, etc.

But a psychic? Maybe you can see if the Better Business Bureau has any complaints against them. Or your local Chamber of Commerce. Like I said, someone else might have better ideas.

You owe it to yourself to be an informed consumer. Just as you would check out any medical person about to put their hands on or in your body, I would advise checking out any non-traditional healer who wants to put their hands on your heart.