View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #10
peachy

How Do You Identify?:
Me

peachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputation

I've had spiritual healing. Some healers are more gifted than others. Some are kinder than others. Some are very psychic but not very kind. Some are kind and gifted in one area, and not so great in another area. I find client testimonials are a good place to start to give me an idea of how good they are. Most good healers will have testimonials on their website. Also whether the healer makes me feel comfortable or not. People who can sense subtle energies can often give insights that can be really helpful. It is good to be aware though that although someone may posess an extraordinary gift, they are still just ordinary people in most ways. Knowing what is best for us comes from deep inside us. Do I see a healer or do I go for a walk in the fresh air? Which thing is best for me today? Only I can listen to where my heart wants me to go.

The healing process takes us to a lighter, brighter place but like someone else said, difficult feelings and memories can surface. They may take time and skill to work through so it is good to have a healer you trust to have what it takes to help you through the next part.

As for worrying you may revert to men, the opposite happened for me. Following a traumatic childhood I held my sexuality in denial and went onto have relationships with men. Deeply unhappy ones. Later as an adult I went through a deep healing process and had a great big sexual awakening. I experienced the sensation of sexual desire for the first time when I realised I wanted to be with a woman. It was like finding a missing part of myself and being set free and it felt great.

Healing is about becoming more comfortable with our sexuality and I wouldn't expect that you would suddenly find yourself going towards sexual behaviours that you would find distasteful. In my opinion yes your sexual feelings may well change in some way but it should be in a way which makes you more contented.

I have seen various therapists and healers over the years and by far the most effective treatment I have had for trauma, in fact it blew all the others out of the water easily, was EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique). This is a phenomenal energy therapy that works amazingly fast. It is easy to do yourself for free too. The site www.emofree.com has all the resources you need to get started. Although you can do this alone it is good to have support if you know there is buried trauma there. Again when it comes to EFT practitioners I would look at testimonials and also whether I click with them. I would also ask them the question about how it might affect my sexuality and see if I am satisfied by their answer or if it feels wrong, look elsewhere.

I hope this helps and good luck with all of it :-)

p

Caution: contains hard stone
peachy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peachy For This Useful Post: