Old 05-10-2018, 06:10 AM   #8
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme nha Maire View Post
Not that it's any consolation, Dean, but us women often get the reverse effect, of a lowering of libido once our hormone levels are more female-typical. I certainly did, and felt that to be a blessing! Getting pulled hither and yon by ones endocrine system was horrid! (chuckle)
Yep. I haven't met a single trans woman in my practice who didn't say they were pleased about this!

Besides no longer having that sense of being "controlled" by one's libido, for some of them it was that they weren't reminded on a regular basis, that they had a penis.

One of the most interesting things to me about taking testosterone is finding out that many of the things that we assume to be socialization is just biological. This is one of them. We say "men think with their dicks". Although that particular statement refers to men making poor, selfish, damaging, or dangerous choices, it is true that a super high libido does impact, interfere even, with our focus on things. The purpose of men having such a high libido is to ensure that we continue to populate. But, it can be super frustrating.

Another example is that we say that men don't cry because they are socialized not to. I have repeated this over and over again, myself. Well, guess what? I don't have a need to cry...like ever.
THAT is a blessing. So although it is true that boys may be shamed for crying, there is certainly a hormonal component to our tears/emotions.

Sex hormones are so fascinating to me.

ETA: Dean, I made the comment that it didn't reduce for me. I will say that I have gotten a bit better at shifting and focusing on other things, but at first it was very hard. Like I said, it is truly uncomfortable sometimes when one can't relieve themselves. My drive hasn't decreased though.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: