Old 10-15-2018, 01:41 AM   #3166
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Smile A Discovery of Witches

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
Love this trilogy. My book club read the first one and w all made sure to keep up after that

Excited for the series but I don’t think we can see it in US yet.

Also the a visit to the Bodleian Library is now on my bucket list
Yes, that would be fun (both you and I would enjoy such a visit); one can just see you quietly moving up to the librarian's front desk, requesting a peek at Ashmole 782, and waiting for the librarian to groan (lol).

Btw, you may have noted in the above Wikipedia quote that one critic uses the word "trite". Personally, on reflection, it must have been one sexist misogynist guy who wrote that review, since Harkness details every feeling which Bishop has, and most sexist men cannot cope with the fact that women have feelings to begin with, lol.

Personally, I enjoy all these details, as it fills in on what much of the TV series doesn't explain.

I also wanted to add that the chapter numbering in the book doesn't equate precisely with the TV episode # - it seems to follow most of the same order, but the first 4 chapters of the book are covered in episodes 1 and 2.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote