Old 08-15-2017, 08:19 PM   #2835
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,391 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation

The organization where I work requires all supervisors to take a minimum of 8 hours refresher training on "Team Leading" a year. Today they brought in a guest speaker named Robyn Benincasa. She wrote "How Winning Works: 8 Essential Leadership Lessons from the Toughest Teams on Earth." Robyn is a world champion adventure racer and a Guinness World Record kayaker (Not that kind of Guinness ) and a member of an all-female firefighting crew. She is also the founder of "Project Athena" which is a non-profit organization that helps women survivors of medical setbacks live an adventurous dream as part of their recovery.

As part of the training class we were all given a copy of the book which I started this evening. Some of the points seem rather intuitive but overall the book looks promising. I am grappling with a few things, one being her quote "Having a Plan B distracts from achieving the goal of Plan A." I'm not sure how to feel about that as I am a "Plan A, B, C, D,..." kind of gal. However I am keeping an open mind.

Katniss~~
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post: