Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmeInterrupted View Post
Exactly!! These are mainstream images that depict women ( and parts of women, that's the other thing: how often women are portrayed in pieces/parts, disconnected from the whole) in varying states of victimization. They are either unconscious or prone, suggesting ( and reinforcing the norm of) total passivity or victimization.

i've been feeling really isolated in my "is it just me, or is that FUCKED up?!?!" moments.

It is not you. It is FUCKED up.

What is sad is our socialization as women, the sexism and misogyny, is so internalized and so institutionalized we dont always see it for what it is. Thus, we play into it, we unknowingly (I hope) encourage it, and yet we seem flabbergasted when women are raped, battered and killed. Hello?

The discussions we are having about the multitude of ways in which women are victimized are the same exact discussions women were having back in the 1800's. That is pretty freakin disgusting.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: