suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
1. I'm under 45 and I GOT your Madge reference so THERE! *sticks tongue out*

2. Get a cheap bottle of prenatal vitamins. Take half the recommended dose daily. For most brands, the recommended dose is 2 capsules, so only take one. If the usual dose is 1, cut it in half. Take daily for two reasons. One, you need a vitamin anyway, right? Two, the stuff that's good for making babies is good for strengthening and hardening nails. Oh, and your hair will be stronger too!

3. The e suggestion was great! If you run out of those, you can use a creamy, thick lotion every night before bed and rub some on your cuticles. If you can stand it, do the whole hand and then put a soft glove or sock on each hand. I, however, can't sleep with those things on. But some can.

4. Glass files are better than most for your nails, so you are onto something good there. However, HOW you file is as important as what you file with. One direction only is the recommended way. Honestly, I can't do that (I'm a side to side-r) but it is recommended since the sawing motion weakens nails and the bed.

5. Get a manicure. You don't have to do the polish if you don't want to. In my area, a simple mani runs about 10 American bucks. I don't do it all the time, but once I did start "regularly" (once every 8-9 weeks) getting a mani, I noticed my nails were stronger, especially the sides of the nails. The manicurist tends to file them properly, whereas I just do it any ole which way.

6. Use Sally Hansen nail products. They have a hardener that is great. Hard as Nails or something. You can't go wrong with Sally Hansen, though, if the products are available to you waaaay up there.
Well if they're not available waaaaaay up here I can always go waaaaay down south the the United States of America and get some. (I think it's about eight miles)

Thanks Gemmie.