ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
I don't buy much in the way of cosmetics or hair products in the drug stores because I find their mark up ridiculous, as ridiculous as the mark up in department stores.

I do most of my shopping for high quality beauty and hair products on ebay and usually save 50-70% buying them there... my Pureology shampoo and conditioner will cost me $90 for two 33oz bottles which will last for at least 10months (that amounts to less than $10/mo on shampoo and conditioner).

Buying on ebay isn't convenient for a quick, easy fix - it requires patience and searching out the best deals but I've found it saves me a ton of money while still allowing me the indulgence of high-end products.

Similarly the Redken volumizing hair products I would pay $15-20 for in the salon or the drugstore, I can get for $10 or less on ebay...
YSL Touche Eclat, the best highlighter pen on the market costs over $40 in the department store, but I can find for $12-16 on ebay...
Urban Decay palettes that run $50+ I can find for $25, on average....
Benefit lipsticks cost $22 per tube, I can find them on ebay for $10 or less...

And if I do enough deal searching, I can buy most of these products with no shipping charges.

One drugstore item I LOVE is: Witch hazel, an all-natural astringent/toner. A bottle of Clinique's toner/clarifying lotion costs $35 or more, and contains mostly witch hazel. Thayers all natural remedies witch hazel costs $8 and IMO works better, and it can be found in most drug stores, grocery stores or places like walmart/target.

Oooh and Loreal does a wonderful line of eyeshadows called "HIP" High Intensity Pigments. I prefer the loose eyeshadow called "HIP Shocking Shadow Pigments" that comes in a small pot. This is "going out/dressing up" eyeshadow it has an intense bold concentration of colour. I love the two shades I have. I've found it on ebay and amazon for about $5, I think that is about half of what I've paid in a drug store. *great product and lasts forever!!!
I'm not a femme-- but I love this thread too. Only because of my wife-- I purchase about .75 of her makeup -- so these tips are simply amazing. I would of never thought of ebay for make up. Sheesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
>>I've only used the Badger Balm, the Lavender sleep balm, and the regular lip balm...but since I keep hearing about their tinted lip glosses, I will have to try. Thanks.
I, too, love badger-- over Burts. I use to be a Burts fan but had noticed that their products changed, not sure how, but they did-- then later to find that Clorox bought them.

Since I'm a boy-- can I post here too?
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post: