View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 09:35 PM   #7078
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Just two thoughts...

Six months seems like a very time... just on the face of it... and therefore I feel for anyone who would have to suffer such a fate. But... admittedly... I don't know how many projects are typically completed in six months. I'm going to guess, depending on on the project, between two and three? Why aren't people sidelined by X number of projects, rather than a time period.

Everyone needs a free pass now and then. So, going forward everyone gets one ... only if... the project is no more than X number of days late.

Okay, three thoughts...

If it's well established what works... eg: time frames and modes of shipping... then it's not "unfair" to set expectations. Now, if it's discovered that what worked before no longer does... then new parameters must be set... and in turn... new accountability standards reestablished. <~ maybe it's time for that?
I think part of the problem with this is the rule really does need to be short, sweet, to the point, and have no exceptions except perhaps in an extreme case such as this. Maybe we need to decide NO exceptions really means no exceptions.The more I think about it, the more I am leaning that way. I sat out six months and it goes by quicker than you think. It seems harsh but I think it's fair because being late is just not ok to the other participants who put the time in to be one time and we even have a grace period! That's what the additional week is for--unforseen little blibps and blops so you can still get your project in. I think that the way it's set up now is fair. I don't think the punishment is too harsh.

Maybe chalk it up to learning how to mail things from Canada in order to expedite the process? Gemme had some good thoughts on that.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post: