Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Your site looks great, and the mission is wonderful. Thank you for sharing your work.

I have a rescue dog with specific care needs and it is often difficult to find the resources (both in pet care and training) that he needs.

My dog, though well trained and socialized in his first two years, has become reactive with other dogs. It took me a long time to find a reputable behaviorist to work with us; despite the fact that I live in an area that is extremely dog-friendly and full of trainers and doggy day care centers. It is also really difficult to find him overnight care (when I have to travel) because he can't stay in a kennel or regular boarding facility. I rely on close friends who know and understand his needs to help me care for him when I am away.

Many rescue dogs do have physical or emotional health needs that makes them unsuitable to be housed with other dogs. I wonder if it is possible to have a section on care (foster care, training, regular dog care walking/sitting/boarding) for dogs who are reactive and/or have special medical needs.