Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
Your site looks great, and the mission is wonderful. Thank you for sharing your work.

I have a rescue dog with specific care needs and it is often difficult to find the resources (both in pet care and training) that he needs.

My dog, though well trained and socialized in his first two years, has become reactive with other dogs. It took me a long time to find a reputable behaviorist to work with us; despite the fact that I live in an area that is extremely dog-friendly and full of trainers and doggy day care centers. It is also really difficult to find him overnight care (when I have to travel) because he can't stay in a kennel or regular boarding facility. I rely on close friends who know and understand his needs to help me care for him when I am away.

Many rescue dogs do have physical or emotional health needs that makes them unsuitable to be housed with other dogs. I wonder if it is possible to have a section on care (foster care, training, regular dog care walking/sitting/boarding) for dogs who are reactive and/or have special medical needs.
yes very good point. My business grew mainly from dogs that could not handle traditional boarding or hand special needs. I have a few areasm one bedroom next to my bedroom set up for older dogs, baby monitor if needed
One lady broke down and cried at my door because her and her husband hadn't been anywhere in years because of their dog that needed a lot of care and attention. I had to pick her up often to go potty and wake up in the middle of the night to check, take temp, etc. Most kennels don't do this. Or the dog that cries and shakes- holding her for hours, carrying her around while doing chores, sleeping in your bed, yadda yadda... trust me, there isnt a night I don't have a few dogs in my bed and a bunch also on beds on my bedroom floor. You are a special care giver and your primary concern should be the happiness and welfare of that animal. In turn you give pet owners tremendous peace of min they are more then happy to pay for,

I have two dogs going home after a year here. They look happy, healthy and during the stay I email, send videos, pics with santa, whatever I can do to give that family peace of mind. OMG I love my job! Some people can pay, and should, top dollar, but this affords me the chance to take a womans dog for 6 month at a really low discount while she deals with divorce, relocation of her and her children. I helped her keep her dog instead of it ending up in a pound. She was happy, thrilled to pay the discounted price of 200 a month plus food while she and her kids stayed with friends. I was happy to do it. Its all about balance and I have to have more full paid to do a few discounts. you decide what you can afford to provide or the breeds or sizes.

I was knocked down by a mastiff yesterday during play. I'm hurt! lol but i'm use to this, its my full time job. Others can handle a cat, a small dog, maybe a bird. you never really know unless you put it out there and see who bites.