sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

i am SO proud of myself today, for going - for stepping up to that podium, and delivering a speech to 9 women, 6 case managers & some friends and family of the graduates, who completed a self - esteem course and were graduating today - the same course i completed back in 2008... i can't even describe how that made me feel, but can say that i free talked it, and talked from the heart, and i am touched they indeed felt hope and inspiration to begin a journey of their own ...

this is my passion, to pay it forward.. And this was my first step.. proud of myself, but damn i am proud of THEM, 9 women i've never met (cept one) who shared the challenges and their testimonials & i want this so badly for them.. They, in turn, inspired ME - their courage, their determination and love for one another after spending 6 weeks (3 hours a day, 5 days a week) in a classroom together..

Meeting with the Instructor for lunch on Monday, she's very much involved in the things i am passionate about (women in poverty, self esteem, addictions...etc) She has big plans and i'm excited to meet with her!

It means a lot to me, that as i am walking my journey, i feel i can do something good with how far i've come so far.. Paying it forward is the most rewarding experience and this newfound confidence of mine, kicks some serious hiney - because if someone told me i would be walking up to a podium and delivering a speech to a room full of onlookers a year ago - i wouldn't have believed it..

It just feels damn good.

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post: