View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 11:42 AM   #3383
introverted1

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

introverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputation

The last movie I saw was "Pretty In Pink" starring Molly Ringwald. Amazingly, I never saw this movie in the '80's (the halcyon days of my youth, LOL!). I didn't like it as much as I did "Sixteen Candles".

I saw a really good documentary last night on Netflix called "Period. End of Sentence." Apparently, a lot of young women in India drop out of school upon the onset of menarche, because they don't have proper pads, just old rags to use for protection, and they have to walk so far away from the building to dispose of the used rags in a ditch somewhere. Also, it's considered shameful.

Somebody introduces the raw materials and machine needed for actual menstrual pads to be manufactured. This machine created jobs and income for the women in this particular village. They went door to door and sold all of their stock in one day! Most women are too embarrassed to go to the market and purchase pads, hence the wild success of their door to door business.

I know its not an actual movie, but I highly recommend it.
introverted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to introverted1 For This Useful Post: