How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I try to consume mostly high to medium high purine proteins. these include:

Foods with very high purine levels(up to 1,000 mg per 3.5 ounce serving): Anchovies, Brains, Gravies, Kidneys,Liver, Sardines, Sweetbreads Foods with high and moderately high purine levels(5-100 mg per 3.5 ounce serving): Asparagus, Bacon, Beef, Bluefish, Bouillon, Calf tongue, Carp, Cauliflower, Chicken, Chicken soup, Codfish, Crab, Duck, Goose, Halibut, Ham, Kidney beans, Lamb, Lentils, Lima beans, Lobster, Mushrooms, Mutton, Navy beans, Oatmeal, Oysters, Peas, Perch, Pork, Rabbit, Salmon, Sheep, Shellfish, Snapper, Spinach, Tripe, Trout, Tuna, Turkey, Veal, Venison
Of course, I do not eat all of these because like most people, I tend to be a bit picky and am not really in to calf tongue personally, but hey, to each their own. I mainly posted this so you can see that it is not just meat that your proteins come from. If ever in doubt just Google the item, say you want to know the nutrition in turkey breast...just Google, turkey breast nutrition and it will pull up pages that will tell you the exact break down of the nutrition. Hope that helps.

And yes, turkey and chicken both tend to be leaner than most red meats. I tend to eat way more poultry than red meat. I will eat super lean ground beef, but it's not often, mostly because of all of the hormones and crap they put in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeingMe View Post
What meats are your sources for protein?(I already eat a lot of chicken, kinda get sick of it at times) Is ground turkey leaner than any of the ground meats you can purchase, ie ground sirloin, extra lean ground beef, etc. ? Are there any red meats that you choose over others? How do you cook them? Do you bake them or broil them, etc?
I just joined the thread and am seriously considering doing this type food intake so long as I can afford it. I have pretty much stopped eating bread all together. I have been working out on treadmill daily and doing well with that. So, your input on the above questions is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Just.

PS. I don't have the option of purchasing fresh seafood or fresh water fish in local grocery store. It's a teeny tiny town where I live. And that part sucks. I wish I were back in Austin where I could shop at the whole foods grocery store there or even HEB where I could get things a little easier like fresh fish and fresh seafood. ugh.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post: