View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 05:14 PM   #122
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

So, one thing I sometimes miss as a vegan is biting into something chewy. Like a burger. I stopped eating any vegan meat substitutes quite a while ago, so 98% of what I consume I make myself from whole foods. And I absolutely gag at the idea of eating a portabello mushroom, so mushroom burgers are out. So I found a recipe for making seitan and let me tell you, it's a game changer. I made vegan cheesesteak sandwiches with it tonight, with a sweet potato nacho cheese sauce and I was in heaven. The best!

The recipe for the seitan is:

https://www.connoisseurusveg.com/how-to-make-seitan/

To make the broth in the recipe, I did use low sodium vegetable broth and added the following:

1 tsp Better than Boullion Roasted Garlic Base
1 tsp Better than Boullion No Chicken Base
2 tsp Vegan Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
pinch onion powder
pinch garlic powder
pinch pepper
pinch salt

The flavor was so good. So nice to have something to add to a recipe to give it more texture.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post: