Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

I never liked meat. Even as a small child I knew I did not like the stuff. Fortunately for me, my parents did not force me to eat it. My dad was a farmer (he grew mostly grains for cattle feed) but started growing me all kinds of vegetables. So I was a vegetarian long before there was such a thing. In the last 20 years or so, I started to eat chicken breast. (occasionally)

However, I still have heart disease and crazy high cholesterol. Obviously it's not my fault and most likely genetic but it is what it is. Through the years, I have been on the DASH diets and the Mediterranean eating plans minus most of the meats. Both were good, healthy ways of eating but not good enough. Cholesterol is STILL not under 200 despite having to take statins.

SO..............

I'm embarking on the plant based eating plan. It's not a huge change from vegetarian eating. It allows you to have 10% of your diet be eggs/chicken/seafood. The biggest eye opener for me was the ZERO OIL concept. Mediterranean was big on the "healthy oils".

Anyone else eating a plant based diet? I'm only a month into this so I'd love to hear from others....

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post: