View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 09:41 PM   #4
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I think earning a Master's in Communication Studies was a tremendous thing for me to have accomplished, a few years ago. But the downside for me is that I now know how to spot rhetorical falsehoods, as well as spot excellent arguments -- in favor or against any number of a priori.

So, that said (for me), I begin analytical analyses of any focused or extemporaneous text or verbal speech materials and try to set any bias of my own aside. That is a hard thing to do at times. But, for me, it's a necessity to do so if I want to get to the core message provided by any author.

It's also a time consuming process in that 1) it requires that I research statements against other items not reported or items which aren't always reported in mainstream media or in other data bases ... which hopefully have as little bias as possible.

And I guess what I really want to say is that ... like Bertrand Russell espoused to readers abroad, is to 'hang a question mark' on things which deserve closer inspection and not process in surface ways but in a deep cognizant way.

Thanks for the post Orema, and to Collette and homoe for voicing ideas which others might resonate with entirely or even in smaller ways.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: