View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 06:40 PM   #54
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I am also still on my recovery journey. And the rule of thumb for me and also reiterated by one of my
best friends, who is a psychotherapist, is that I have to "feel the feelings" as I move through my trauma. In my case, I suffer
from something closer to shell shock. The worst part of this is being in what I call my emotional "shock lock." This means that I have to stay
focused on relieving shock in my sternum/heart area by remembering and purging the event in chunks and pieces as they come up.

A long, difficult process. I'm so over this, I can't tell you. This thing has ruled and damn near killed and ruined my life.
Just when I think I have done enough work, it goes deeper or something else surfaces.
I wonder how many endings this thing will have before it's over. lol
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post: