Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Recipe Notes from my 2019 Chapbook (The Menu) <3

It's a cold and dreary day today, but I thought I'd share another homemade soup recipe, with all of you. It's slightly different than my Acorn Jalapeño Soup (featured last time), but requires a few small steps of preparation in advance, so it's ready to eat when you get home from work or whenever. I just happened to be shopping at my favorite local deep discount grocery store, and picked up a few Thai seasoning packets and found a remarkable buy on Almond Butter (with Sea Salt, it's organic too)…

So, without further adieu, here's the latest twist on how to make a plant protein and veggie rich homemade soup.

Vegan Thai Almond Butter Soup

1/3 cup of organic Navy Beans (presoaked over night)
1/3 cup of organic Split Chick Peas
1/2 of an organic Jalapeño pepper (sliced thinly, no seeds)
1 cup organic ripple cut carrot chips
1.5 quarts of Spring water
1 pkg of A Taste of Thai --->>>>Thai powdered sauce mix
1 can of organic Coconut Cream
1 TBSP of Tumeric powder or Curry powder (your choice)
Drizzle of organic EVOO
8 organic Meatless Meatballs
4 or 5 organic red or yellow fingerling potatoes (cut into 1/4" slices)
3 huge TBSP's of organic Almond Butter
Optional toppings: Organic Hemp Hearts, Organic seeded crackers or Sesame Everything salad topper crackers.

Directions:

Start the night before, by washing up the navy beans and soaking them over night. Rinse off the beans and split chick peas, then transfer them to your favorite soup pan or crock pot. Add the Spring water, all the veggies, Tumeric powder or Curry powder, and drizzle of EVOO. Cook for approximately 2 hours, once you bring it to a boil, then let it simmer during this time span.

Once your soup has simmer for about two hours, add the coconut cream, the entire packet of the Thai seasoning mix and the three giant tablespoon sized scoops of organic Almond Butter. Stir well, recap your soup pan or crock pot. In a separate skillet, pan sear the 8 meatless meatballs until golden brown on all sides. Then add the meatballs to the soup, then stir the soup up good, then return the lid to the soup pan or crock pot and let the soup continue to simmer, for about another half hour or so.

Once your soup has finished cooking, serve it with optional toppings to put on top of the bowls of soup: Use Hemp Hearts or Seeded Crackers (on the side or to dip in the soup) or sprinkle a few of the Everything Sesame Seed salad topper crackers on top.

Enjoy!

Pictures of items used in the soup:

***** The discount grocery store had pallet loads of both products for the price of $1.50 - $2.00/each. I bought a boat load of each of them, to keep on hand for soups or dishes requiring Thai seasoning powder or which use organic coconut cream. Heck of a good deal, that day, for sure. Ordinarily these items retail for a bigger price at grocery stores.*****
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: