Old 02-08-2019, 01:58 AM   #3752
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool BPA

BPA found in cash register and ATM receipts

This chemical is found in all cash registers receipts as well as ATM receipts across the world. Apparently, people working in retail are most at risk. BPA from thermal paper receipts passes through the skin. I saw this on Canadian news on CTV Vancouver News, where they showed an in-house group of people touchimg these receipts, and later on in the day they checked their urine, and apparently most had 42% more BPA than normal. The problem is that this chemical may be linked to hormonal imbalance, obesity, and cancer. Toronto (Ontario) is thinking of banning such usage.
It's already banned in most countries for baby bottles. "In 2008, Canada became the first nation to take action by banning the import and sale of polycarbonate baby bottles containing BPA."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/bpa-found-in...eipts-1.907162

So, handle all cash receipts with great care, and then throw away asap!!! (And, then, of course, all this dangerous junk lands in landfills and kills everything... I think the end is coming (smh)....)

My mom used to say that money is dirty (germs). Of course, we all know that it is the "love" of money which is "dirty"... but now, we can add to that "cash receipts"!!! It's not the germs that will kill you, it is BPA ...

By the way, there are only 5 companies that make BPA in the United States: "Bayer, Dow, Hexion Specialty Chemicals, SABIC Innovative Plastics (formerly GE Plastics), and Sunoco. Together, they bring in more than $6 billion a year from the compound."

https://www.fastcompany.com/1139298/...hind-bisphenol
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post: