View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 11:11 PM   #87
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm back from my week+ in the land of weird. Surreal doesn't even to begin to describe some of what is going on, I'll have to come back over the next couple of days and vent a bit, I'm glad this thread is here, I'm gonna be a new regular.

Everyday seems to be a new test of how many hats can I wear at once. A sample day: waking up to discover my mother has decided the house should be 90 degrees : setting up the special hearing impaired phone that I ordered and had drop shipped only to discover she doesn't plan on using phones anymore :- touring two more nursing homes to make sure my father is in the best : finding more clothes for him and learning how to use the heat press in laundry for labeling : having my ass pleasantly kissed by a "wealth management" firm that is doing literally nothing for us (at $55k per year in fees just to be on 'standby') and assessing whether or not I'm up for this challenge myself : straight back over to the nursing home to work with PT on customizing a wheelchair : whisking mother to her Dr appointment where she forgot where she was or why only to have the Dr say she's fine to live by herself based on a questionnaire of course as we left she wanted to know who the nice man was : off to the accountant to sign papers that aren't ready : discovering the park brake on her car decided to seize in the parking lot >> REAALLY?? : get that towed and another car : to head back to the nursing home to learn about swallowing issues in stroke patients from the speech therapist : back to mothers house to put together a tv because hers has been broken for a month only to have her tell me she won't watch it even though she just asked me to "fix" (replace) it that morning. .................etc............etc........ ... Of course then she only sleeps about 4 hours a night because throughout the day she 'nods-off' every half hour and gets her sleep then, and when mother's awake...yep, the 90 degree thing.

I'm pretty sure there was more and that was only one day. After a week of those days I'm pretty much ready for the booby-hatch (her term) myself.

And of course at the end of all this the return 7 hour drive at the end where I come home to find the yard guy bailed again and I have no food.

Me tired...

Oh yeah, hates me for being gone.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: