TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

I hear ya Kelt. Sorry things aren't going so smoothly trying to take care of your parents. If your mom is having issues with dementia a bit, have you thought about putting both your parents at the same facility? Often times they will allow married couples to move into a room together. Honestly, with your mom's issue with memory, I'd be afraid to leave her alone in the house, let alone drive a car to the store, something could happen to her, as I'm sure you are aware. I know it's difficult caring for parents, I care for my mom. She gets around really good on her own, but there are a lot of things she just can't do anymore and things I must do to help her. I handle everything from paperwork, to making her appts with doctors and taking her there, to making sure the house is repaired, the car is repaired, etc. Things I cannot do, I get someone else to fix them and have to contact my younger sister for financial help to get them repaired. My younger sister lives out of state in TN and wants my mom to move there with her so she's better cared for, but mom won't move there cause she don't like the hills and don't like the snow they get and blah blah blah whatever else excuse she can come up with. It's actually been a few yrs now that I've moved back here to help my mom. And it's cost me friendships and a love life as well because there aren't any gays here in redneckville small town in Tx. The few friends I do have all live in Austin or that area, so I don't see them hardly at all. I get lonely and bored here as I am disabled myself. I often wish my mom would move to TN to be with or nearer my younger sister so that I can have a life of my own and find a gf. I haven't had a partner in yrs now, long time. I'm ready for someone to be in my life though. I miss that part of my life. AS much as I love my mom, I want MY life back and let my younger sister who is married take care of mom and see how hard it is on me for while. She gets all snippity with me and acts like it's supposed to be easy to do but it isn't when mom yells and screams at me and acts like a child at times over stupid stuff and over her life being so hard. I have ptsd, anxiety, and severe depression and she affects me in a bad way when she acts like that. Drives me nuts. I've had to go back to therapy just to learn how to not let it get to me and cause me more issues with my own stuff. It's helped but I still get upset when it happens and takes me days to overcome the rattling it causes me.
I just wanted you to know, I understand what you're going through with the parents. Keep posting, someone is reading, I know I read often here and don't reply, but felt like I should with what you're dealing with. Keep on keeping on Kelt. Hang in there.