Old 03-22-2015, 12:18 PM   #89
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I have had a hand in caring for my parents and their issues the past few years. They are in their 70's and though they are still mobile and mostly can do for themselves they do depend on me to help them as needed.

Daddy has in the past 5 years had heart surgery, eyelid surgery, hernia surgery, and most recently cancer treatments. Mom does good at getting him to his appts but she wants me to go with them when he has to have things done at the VA in Charleston.

Moma has had surgery on her wrist and hand from a fall 10 years ago that she didn't have taken care of then. She is right handed and this has been a real challenge for her to learn to use her left. It's been quite a challenge to keep her happy and fed, as Daddy does nothing for her. It's hard juggling, work never knowing how many hours I will work or what time I will get off and their supper schedule between 5-6 and the other things she needs help with.

Thankfully my roomie has helped with getting them supper and helping Mom write out her bills and things like that. I know as the years move on they will require a lot more of my time. I know I am very fortunate that they can still do many things for themselves but I see those things dwindling a little at the time each year.

KUDO's to those of you taking care of parents and siblings it takes a lot out of you and from you, but I always think you are better for it in the end.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post: