TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

Kelt, I would suggest that you talk to those at the Assisted Living Place to see if your mother can actually function there with medications and if she cannot, will she have to move to a different facility? I live in an all adult retirement and disabled community for seniors, as I am young but disabled I am allowed to live here and it helps me afford a place to live. I had some problems with an elderly person and her dementia while living here and it became a nightmare for me to deal with. They ended up forcing the family to do something about it and moved her out because it started to cause problems with my own peace and tranquility the more the woman's disease progressed. I know it affects people differently, but I would suggest you speak to the Assisted Living Place before just placing her there. They may not be equipped to handle someone in her condition should her condition deteriorate more. I know there is medication she can take that may help, but is she willing to take it EVERYDAY? is the issue as well. The woman where I live wouldn't and she became aggressive and agitated more and more everyday, driving me nuts til they made her move out to a nursing home equipped to deal with her. It's not only your mom that you need to consider about where she lives, but others that may have to deal with her daily as well. Just something for you to think about.