The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippieflowergirl View Post
does anyone "speak eggplant"? everytime i try something it ends up either slimy or rubbery.

i'm also looking for a reasonable vegan substitute for cheese that tastes good. is there such a thing? and dont give me any of that, "it's good but it wont melt" business. if it dont melt, it aint cheese.

lastly, i used to be able to buy this really great garlic spread that came in a plastic bottle (like the OF/OS ketchup & mustard bottles at burger joints...squeezy style...they were red & yellow...remember those?). the bottle was clear and the label was white with red or green writing. it was a greek or maybe middle eastern company and the garlic was INTENSE! sound familiar to anyone? i remember seeing it in seattle. i've never seen it here in hippieville
What eggplant recipes have you tried?

As for cheese, that one has been difficult but I've heard some from the UK are good. If you're looking for a grated Parmesan substitute look at nutritional yeast. It has a nutty flavour but my g/f swears by it (it doesn't do much for me).

For your garlic sauce: http://garlicsauce.com/default.aspx ??

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post: