Old 11-28-2009, 05:14 PM   #31
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I never felt more invisible or silenced than I felt around my father, whose favorite word for me was "Shhhh!". That's probably a whole 'nother' thread.....

And then I never felt more liberated than (1) when I came out (after 15 years of marriage to the father of my beautiful daughters) and (2) when my father died. (I know that sounds horrible.)

I found my voice and my 'sea legs' when those 2 things happened. The power was in me all along, I see that now. But I just needed a kick in the seat of the pants for the jumpstart.

My strength comes from within and from my "song"....which plays constantly throughout my brain. I got most of the lyrics from my Mom....and other strong women in my life.

(PS.....I hope the purple font isn't offensive.... )

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post: