Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Most of my dreams are probably better categorised as nightmares. I have a number that occasionally recur in a broad sense.

One involves planes. I'm always standing on a bridge and I see planes in the sky. Then, one by one, they fall to the ground and crash. It's quite unsettling.

Another involves water - and I'm running from a great wall of water / tsunami which always inevitably catches up with me.

I also occasionally had dreams involving animals - not cats and dogs but working animals (horses, cattle etc). Often these dreams involved dead animals and were fairly stark. The most recent involved a galloping horse that bolted.

I've had vivid dreams, usually nightmares, since early childhood. I don't try to interpret them as, to me, they are what they are. I'm not a good sleeper and it is probably the interrupted sleep that helps me to remember more of these dreams than most.

More importantly, I suffer from sleep paralysis which has a much more "real" quality than a dream and has been very unsettling at times.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote