View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 08:53 PM   #2
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

My walking has not been able to do on my mom's treadmill. the motor on it won't run while I am on it, it keeps stopping. i think it's time to trash the thing because the motor is burned out. I don't live near any gyms nor could I afford a membership and it's just too freaking cold most days to go out and walk. I just do my stretching exercises for my back and legs to keep them moving and as pain free as I can get them til it's warm enough to go out and walk. My grandmother has a treadmill in her shed she doesn't use so I am going to ask her if I can use it when I visit her in June. I am limited on my ability to walk, I can barely handle 30 mins until the pain starts setting in. I have pushed myself for 45 mins walking and it really starts to hurt. I just have to keep pushing my pain level tolerance I guess. I have 3 bad discs in my back and permanent nerve damage in both legs to my toes starting at my lower back.
I am having trouble being motivated since the damn treadmill quit working right. I am not doing what I need to do walking wise right now. I know I am bad at being motivated, but being out in the cold damp weather is really painful for me, that's why i want it to warm up before I venture outdoors to walk. I have a route that I know is just over a mile and I plan on walking it when the weather is better.
I need the support here to be more motivated to do what I need to do to take better care of my strength in my muscles and walking helps me lose weight too.

Thanks for starting this thread, NY. I appreciate it. I am going to subscribe to it for support.