Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,588 Times in 4,690 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
I cannot stand to hear Warren speak, and that other blonde woman running (can’t even remember her name), needs get some confidence and speak up! Do you suppose I (we) are so used to male politicians, that we hear a female voice and we want to slap someone? Hilary’s voice was like nails on a chalk board...but, I “hear” Kamala and Amy without cringing, soooooooooo?

Why is it that hair color/style and voices matter so much when they belong to a woman? Are we conditioned to expect women to be “pretty” and in their “place”? Am I considered a sexist pig, or am I conditioned by society to see things in a slant toward men?
For me, the issue with Warren and Clinton is that i associate them with second-wave feminism, and i associate the second wave with a lot of negative stuff. The second wave sidelined lesbians and second-wave lesbians sidelined butch-femme.

PLUS i just feel like they all want us to be Diane Keaton from the Baby Boom, pre-baby.