cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Etiquette.
I fear that etiquette and manners are being lost these days.

Social etiquette
Dinning etiquette
Conversation etiquette

There were rules on how to conduct yourself in social situations that seem to be disappearing.

We the mentors, should set examples for appropriate social etiquette.

[/quote]

Have please, thank you, you're welcome, pardon me, excuse me, "go ahead, you were here first" even if it's a fib to someone obviously busier, holding too much, struggling with young kids, and one of my favorites, " I'm sorry" to someone accidently victim of a slight disappeared?

How about phone ettiquette?
Hello, no, may I take a message, hold a moment please, thank you and goodbye. People observing my immediate family are astonished at the formalities. Not formal, just polite...to the cats, too. If they've curled up in a common spot, like a chair, well, its theirs until they get up. If spot really wanted, there's always the offer of bribes like cat treats. But if they choose to stay in the spot, an alternate needs to be found by/for the human.

Sure hope common courtesy can be resurrected!
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post: