Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

I have to agree with you, Bit. What works for you won't work for someone else. I've been my own guinea pig for years. I try different supplements here and there but mostly stick to the basics for me. And, the basics for me is quite a cocktail. I have gluten intolerance and even though I avoid gluten completely, my immune system suffered so badly, I have permanent damage.

I still have chronic inflammation due to other autoimmune issues so I have to be very careful what I eat. I'm always fighting inflammation and whether you feel it or not, when you have a compromised immune system, you're always fighting it.

Here's what I take:

Daily
  • Vitamin D - 5,000 I.U. (Severe deficiency)
  • Digestive Enzymes (Supports digestion, eases inflammation)
  • Magnesium,Zinc,Calcium Blend (Improves neurological health and supports immune system)
  • Folic Acid (Doctor recommended on account of a blood disorder)
  • Valerian Root (Anxiety - Taken about 3 times a week at night)
  • Stinging Nettles (Allergies/Inflammation)

Regularly/Occasionally
  • Psyillum Fiber (Improves digestive health)
  • Milk Kefir (Supports digestion and boosts immune system. I make it at home. It's amazing!)
  • Krill Oil (Anti-inflammatory, improves neurological health)
  • B-Complex (Anxiety and mood support)

This is what works for me. Someone else could take what I take and get very sick. My ex-partner took valerian root and hallucinated but she has a mental illness so it didn't work for her. B-complex vitamins aren't safe for people allergic to niacin.

When you're your own doctor, you do have to be very careful to do the research because certain supplements don't interact well with each other and natural remedies can cause side effects just like anything else.

I think one of the greatest things about learning what works for me is how amazing I feel. Most of the time I forget I have autoimmune issues because I take such good care of my health. I'm very blessed that this regimen works for me.