Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Survivor, Season 35: PLEASE Note includes SPOILER: winner's name.

I have watched Survivor since the very first episode.

A lot of the seasons I did not really like part of the cast but always wound up enjoying it when the numbers got down to 6 or 7.

I usually root for the underdog but only if they have nerves of steel, a backbone (i.e., not like our current Congress and Senate) and are not cruel towards others (same).

Deception is part of the game but cruelty is not.

Ben the Marine.

Boy, did I feel an infinity for him. He is an Iraq war vet that came back with PTSD. He was tough as nails, was always focused on his mission but allowed his vulnerability to slip through; usually in reference to his wife and children. He would talk about how he was "in the gutter" when he came back from Iraq and how his wife "saved" him. His bright blue eyes would fill with tears and it would choke me up.

Yep. Hooked on Ben.

Blogs and articles did not think that he would win (and did not want him to) but he always knew that he really had no alliances, that everyone in the game wanted him out and that he could only count on himself.

He was relentless. He would search for idols for hours. I loved the 3 episodes when the other 4, 5, or 6 were so smug thinking that "we got him this this time" and no, no, they did not. It was classic.

It was beautiful to watch.

I guess, in some way, for me; goodness won out this time and I don't see much of that happening in our world these days.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: