Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
Free College is a nice idea but unless we get a Democrat in the White House, win 61 seats in the Senate and sweep the House, not very likely..and forget Medicare for all..our country isn't ready for that much social change yet. Besides, Medicare is almost broke, Social Security without fixes will be in deep trouble by the mid 2020's. And we are looking at a 23-25 trillion dollar deficit in 2021. I'm not saying these things won't ever be possible but probably not in my lifetime and perhaps not in the Millennials lifetime either.
Then maybe it's time to get dirty. Lie about the true agenda. Say nice soothing things. Get elected and work on the agenda in the shadows till the power is there. The electorate's memory seems very short. Maybe they'll forgive the lies once they get the benefits. Seems to have worked for others. Politics is a dirty business. Getting elected in front of 380 million people is even dirtier. Particularly if the vast majority are dumb as dirt or don't give a shit. ( Why are so many afraid to say that?)