Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

I was typing out a reply similar to Jo's so I'll second hers but I want to add something: I wouldn't place someone who receives SSI in the same category as someone who is unemployed due to lack of motivation in life. I also wouldn't judge someone with a mental health diagnosis any more than I would someone with a physical disability.

You're honest about the difficulties you face in life, which is admirable because not everyone is. Some people value that much higher than how much money someone makes or how comfortable they feel in a crowd.

I'm sure it was difficult to finally take the risk and have the first person you asked out reinforce all of your own insecurities about yourself (and I hope you two are still friends, because I can respect her honesty, as well), but I think if it's something you want you should keep trying.

Good luck on your adventures!
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post: