Old 01-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #15
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Lots of good advice and i'll add my humble 2 cents.

I say, as well as others here, go for it. Having money or not having money is not of consequence to a lot people. To some it is.

My only advice would be.....be upfront about it. Not like the first date exactly, but early on IF there are feelings that can be groomed. It does sound like you are doing that, just wanted to make sure.

I'm with the ones that say money does matter, but only if you are led to believe one thing and then find out it's a whole other ballgame once you get going. I, personally would not stay in a relationship where i was the only one working and paying for everything. Or where we both had an income and still i was the only one paying for everything. I just wouldn't. Everyone has their own opinion, I'm just being honest. But, again, sounds like you do have some income so it's probably not the case.

As was said in another thread along these lines, if something happens to my partner WHILE we are together, that's different. Hopefully, we would have a second plan and some savings. I wouldn't leave them, i'm not that much of a hard ass.

Like Snowy said, some people like to travel and do things that cost some small change. It could be as simple as different ways of life. But, if you are open at the beginning about money AND about your emotional status...it will save heartache down the road for everyone involved.

Honesty is always the best policy....

You will find her.

Good luck to you.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: