Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Chance

I am very ambivalent about this series.

It has Hugh Laurie as star and he is an outstanding actor. Also starring is Gretchen Mol and Ethan Suplee.

He plays a forensic psychologist.

Number one for psychiatrists, therapists and anyone in the field of psychiatry and mental health: maintain healthy and strong boundaries with clients and patients.

Hugh as Dr. Eldon Chance: loses his. Over a woman (duh).

Sometimes it bugs me so much I have to stop watching it for a while. However, the acting is great and it does draw me back to see what is going to happen.

Suspend belief is the name of the game here.

Hulu says: "Based on Kem Nunn's novel, Chance is described as a provocative psychological thriller that focuses on Eldon Chance (Laurie), a San Francisco-based forensic neuropsychiatrist who reluctantly gets sucked into a violent and dangerous world of mistaken identity, police corruption and mental illness."

PS: I just saw Liam wrote about it in November. I missed that! I would have caught Chance sooner. So many shows, so little time!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: