View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 11:31 PM   #28
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation
Default Veronica De Franco

I confess I find more ecstasy in passion than in prayer. Such passion is prayer.
I confess I pray still to feel the touch of my lover's lips. His hands upon me, his arms enfolding me...
Such surrender has been mine.
I confess I pray still to be filled and enflamed. To melt into the dream of us, beyond this troubled place, to where we are not even ourselves.
To know that always, this is mine.
If this had not been mine-if I had lived any other way-a child to her husband's will, my soul hardened from lack of touch and lack of love...
I confess such endless days and nights would be a punishment far greater than you could ever mete out.
You, all of you, you who hunger so for what I give yet cannot bear to see that kind of power in a woman.
You call God's greatest gift-ourselves, our yearning, our need to love-you call it filth and sin and heresy...
I repent there was no other way open to me.
I do not repent my life.
Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote