View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 02:05 AM   #41
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Economically, it's a much bleaker world to get by in now. Yes, there's less institutional and casual racism and homophobia, but economic inequality has destroyed the prospects for many young people. It's a totally different economy. There's way more poverty and much less chance of climbing out of it.

When Hillary began her campaign, they wouldn't refer to economic inequality. Obama was out there campaigning for her saying things are great, that there are just a few pockets of misery that remain. The popularity of Bernie's message and later the election of Trump forced them to wake up. But the question is how could they have been so out of touch.

Biden's comments prove he is still woefully out of touch. I don't like it. However, I would still vote for him. One of the ways we can begin to emerge from this death of neoliberalism is by strengthening unions, and I trust Biden to do that. He's not my first pick, and there are mainstream Dems I wouldn't vote for, but I would still cast a ballot for Biden against Trump.