View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #38
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintease View Post
I'm not subtle at. all. when I like someone. Trust me, it's worthwhile being forward.

It's ironic as I'm not confident at all, I'm social awkward, hate confrontation, struggle to hold peoples gaze unless I'm actively conversing with them and get really anxious around people I like. I'm also an extrovert, so when I like someone, whether it be a friendship or romantically, I can't help myself. I want to get in their face, I want to talk to them, I want them to notice me and want them to remember my name. People like attention so it's always worked.

I always worked on the principle that once someone knows who you are, then anything is possible.
I’m a complete contradiction; I’m comfortable within myself and fairly confident, and certainly not backwards in being forwards, as well as being extroverted and annoying cheerful, bubbly and happy (apparently, lol!). When I’m with people I know; whether at work or in my private life, my presence is felt, but, not in an in forceful your face kind of way.

But….. I hate confrontation and don’t like social settings with lots of people, preferring small gatherings. I’m not awkward socially, I just don’t like being around too many people at one time. I’m not easily intimidated by people and I’m not nervous or anxious by nature unless there’s a need to be (if that makes sense?)
When I’m chatting to someone I’ve just met, I’m still bubbly and talkative, only I lower my head slightly and look up at them, then look away to the side whilst smiling with my mouth closed.

Half of my problem is my thick accent; I’ve had to learn to ‘tone’ it down when I speak to people who aren’t used to my accent (basically sound more English English) over the years for people to understand what I’m saying and that does take a fair amount of effort to do to hold a conversation.

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post: