Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,264 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

My 2 all-time fave televised shows: The Wire and Deadwood.

I loved The Wire cause it was so gritty, intense, well-written, and I could barely understand a word being said, which seemed as it should be given it was set in the drug/gang/police world of Baltimore.. as foreign to me as Beijing (maybe even more foreign).

As for Deadwood? Well Deadwood has a forever- and- ever first place in my heart for one huge fact. Yes it's well written and excellently acted and you do get to see pigs eat poor unfortunates who piss this or that person off, BUT it was a confession by the writer-director to his use of a clever but cheap trope that really cemented my heart to this series.

Knowing he had some 100 or so years of history to cover in this "loosely- based- on- history " saga, and knowing his audiences' collective eyes would glaze over if he tried to stick it all in there, he did something brilliant. Every time he had a few years of history to fill in in order to move the plot along, he had one of the prostitute characters fellate the hero as he "thinks" about the current and passing events. Fact laden decades roll by but I doubt very many people got up to get nachos during these "pendantic" moments.

And I never suspected a thing.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post: