View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #28
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

Well I have 3 so let me explain...

My biological mom Debbi U. and I were close up until I was taken away at the age of 2 to be put in foster care. From then on up until 6 I was in and out of foster homes. Which brings me to "mom" number two.

Her name was Darlene (which is my middle name). She had foster kids and kids of her own. Her and her husband loved kids and had taken a liking to my brother and I. She wanted to adopt my brother and I and was in the process and as fate would have it got breast cancer and wasnt expected to live 6 months. She knew of a couple who turned out to be my adopted parents who were wanting a boy. They were friends of friends. They had taken some child classes from her she had taught. They adopted us, and that will bring me to my adopted mom.

I have never met a more cold and hateful woman in all of my life. Debbie D. certainly had no reason being a mother. Every thing a mother should be nurturing, affecionate, tender, loving, etc she was not with me. She was with my brother but not me. It has taken me years of counseling to get over hating her. Now, I just feel sorry for the human she is. We were never close growing up and now dont talk at all. Its how it should be.

However, I am glad I was able to renew a relationship with my biological mom before she passed. And now my relationship with Darlene is blooming. She and I have recently had a conversation where she sat at supper crying because she never wanted to give my brother and I away. She wanted to adopt us and apologized for putting me with my adopted family. It broke my heart. To see her so torn up after all these years about it. This woman who even after all these years has a closet full of photo albums of just pics of me and my brother growing up. I of course explained to her that things happen for a reason we always dont know what it is. But things happened as they were supposed to.. Now matter how screwed up it is.

She considers me her daughter, knows I am gay, and we hang out from time to time. I guess you could say she is the closest thing to family I have. And I am truly grateful for her.
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post: