Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,840 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquetobeme View Post
I am a member of a LGBT group on FB and someone posted a tread asking people to post how they identify and if they were single or taken. I am feeling a bit irritated and invisible that poly is rarely an option, so I asked, 'what about the polyamorous folks' and someone replied that is was "Not normal' and some other stuff, maybe I asked for it by putting it out there, but it kinda hurt my feelings. The group admins addressed it, but I still feel kinda blah about it so I'm venting here. I usually just let stuff I see on FB go, unless I have PMS, so I must have PMS, which greatly lowers my tolerance for ignorance and meanness.
I'm thinking the difference between "not normal" and "not the norm" was lost on the person who replied. Then again, "the norm" has different definitions depending on which dictionary you use. Regardless, poly is in the minority and some people have no tolerance for anything with which they aren't familiar. I'm glad the admins addressed it. Maybe you can feel a little better being "normal" in this thread. Who wants to be normal anyway. I want to be spectacular!
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post: