Old 04-10-2010, 07:41 PM   #11
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

You are absolutely, positively NOT alone in this thinking, Mrs. S.

A lot of folks would look at me and think, "What's YOUR problem?" I suppose to most, I look fine....average. I'm 5 foot 1 1/2 inches tall and 136 pounds. However, I look much heavier because I'm kind of 'squashy' and pear-shaped and only 88 of those pounds are bones and muscles and organs. The rest is water and blood and visceral fat (all good things) and fat fat. I jiggle more than jello and cottage cheese has nothing on me.

I recently had a fitness evaluation done and I am in the 'poor' range of health/fitness. Honestly, that was not a surprise.

So, Hell yeah! I have more than my share of image issues. As cruel as some people can be, I've always been my harshest critic and, until I can find a way to relearn my thought patterns and re-evaluate myself in relation to the world (as in, really? Are my thighs that important to someone else? Does it really matter if I wear a cover up or just the suit?), this isn't going to change.

Good article, Sachita.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: